Guided tour Štanjel
GUIDED TOURS AROUND ŠTANJEL
In the range of the tour tourist guide presents to the group the history of the settlement and
sorroudings, main characteristicts of Štanjel and Karst, life on Karst in the past and today and some important personalities, connected with the village itself (architect Max Fabiani, bishop Anton Mahnič, painter and graphic artist Lojze Spacal). The tour (programme) takes approximmately 90 minutes.
The tour takes the following sites:
- Castle of Štanjel: the biggest castle complex on Karst, got it's todays appearance in the 16th and 17th century, castleyard is especcialy in the summer the place, where cultural events are taking place;
- The gallery of Lojze Spacal in the castle: permanent collection of works, made by the painter and graphic artist Lojze Spacal, are exhebited in the first floor and mansard of the renovated part of the castle;
- Exhibition of architect Maks Fabiani: exhibition gives an insight into Fabiani wide opus, which puts it among the most important architects of Central Europe at the turn of the 19th and 20th century;
- Lategothic church of St.Daniel with the distinctive lemon shaped church tower roof;
- The Karst house or the Romanic house: one of the oldest houses in the village, which helds an etnological collection in two floors;
- The walk around the settlement: medieval settlement on the south slope of the hill Turn, which was at the end of 15th century circumdated with the defense walls.;
- Ferrari garden: park, constructed by the architect Max Fabiani, a monument of national importance;
Back to list
The price for groups with the local tourist guide is 7,00 € per person*.
Schoolgroups, seniors and unemployed persons have discount and the price per person is 5,00 €.
To the schoolgroups are considered primary and secondary groups.
*PRICES ARE VALID FOR GROUP OF 11 PEOPLE OR MORE.