The Church of St. Michael, Kobjeglava
The Church of St. Michael in Kobjeglava is at the highest point of the village. The church got its present-day appearance in the 18th century. In 1717 it was renovated, and the Aquileia-type belltower was added. The main altar, from 1768, is one of the best Baroque stone altars in the wider Primorska area. It was made by an unknown designer from the Lazzarini atelier. The church also has two side stone altars. One contains a painting of the Virgin Mary and was painted by J. Tominec in 1864. The second depicts Pope Silvester in between St. Peter and St. Andrew and was painted by A. Lichtenreit in the 18th century. On the outside of the presbytery there is a handcut stone relief.
GPS: 45.8157501, 13.8088721